Monday 26 August 2013

Treatment 26 - Out with the old in with the new

Today saw a change in my treatment - For the past 25 treatments I have been having 6 proton zaps.  3 on the left and 3 on the right side of my head

These pics show the rough shape of where the protons have been sent into my head.  As you can see it covers a large area. This is to ensure that if the Chordoma had spread in the bone it is killed off
This is not burning of the skin from the proton beam but rather agitation of the blood vessels under the skin causing the redness.  I have a matching mark on the other side
I use Aloe vera leaf extract and Nivia to keep the skin moisturised



The next 17 treatments are more concentrated directly on the tumor area
Therefore the 6 brass apertures and 6 compensators are disposed off (the brass ones are melted down and reused)

One of the old apertures
One of the old compensators
One of the old apertures
One of the old apertures

I have 6 new apertures and compensators with smaller beam areas
The fields they use and position on my head has also changed 2 on the right and 3 on the left and 1 through the back of my neck
The shape mark on my face is already beginning to shrink



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks