Tuesday 12 March 2013

I had an appointment today with a new consultant
He introduced himself as Mr Donnelly
One of his specialties was skull base surgery

He proceeded to give me the news that I had a Tumor in the base of my skull
In something called the Clivus bone
It was somewhat hard to take in what he was telling me.  It was a very grave conversation
Clearly the condition I have is very serious

It would seem the Tumor will have to be removed and his ENT team and a Neurologist team would be working together to treat me

I asked as many questions as I could but can't recall all the answers

I now need a MRI scan followed by a biopsy to determine if the tumor is malignant or benign

When I return for the next consultation I will get a better understanding of what is going to happen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks