Monday 18 March 2013

MRI Scan

Today I had an MRI Scan
This is apparently going to give the surgeon a more detailed view of the tumor
It will enable accurate location for the biopsy, and then I guess subsequent surgery
The staff were very efficient even though they were running a bit behind
The MRI connection cable needed a wiggle to get it to work properly
The Machine was very noisy
I had around 4 lots of scans.  With an injection in-between to enhance the scan view
There was about 20mins of actual scanning and I was on the machine for over half an hour
I was at the hospital a couple of hours


Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a type of scan used to diagnose health conditions that affect organs, tissue and bone








MRI scans use strong magnetic fields to produce detailed images of the inside of the body



These are the sort of photos it produces (these are not my head !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks