Friday 9 December 2016

Neurosurgery Outpatient Visit

Meeting with my consultant to discuss the outcome of the MRI and their proposed treatment

The Chordoma Tumour at the level of C1 just beneath the occipital condyle

They want to do more surgery. Its a bit more difficult this time as they are going in the same area
I have to have a CT angiogram as they need to check the blood flow to my brain as they may need to occlude (cut) one of the veritable artery during the surgery and they need know I have good blood flow as I could suffer a stroke if there is a lack of blood flow

They may have to do surgery around the space of the spinal chord which may need to be patched up I then could get pseudomeningocele


C1 is the top bone of the spine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks