Friday 2 December 2016

Oncology Clinic - Results day - Not Good

Since my last MRI there has been a definite increase in size of the "blob" that has been seen on previous MRI scans

That means that this "blob" is Chordoma and not water as they (and I) had hoped

They have booked me in a week from now to see the surgeon in the skull base clinic

There proposal is resection of the cancer if possible and if not fully possible to move is as far away from the brain stem as possible

This will give an apparent clinical advantage when they carry out more radiation

This radiation is likely to be normal radiation rather than proton as
1. They don't believe I will get funding
2. If I did get funding the proton centre may not want to do further radiation

We will cross that bridge after successful surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks