Tuesday 10 September 2013

Loooong day at the Proton centre - but the end is in site

I had an treatment time of 11:30 am.  So got their 10:45
On monday you have your vitals done by a nurse and a short consultation by the doctor
The proton gantry I use (red) was running about half an hour behind so we managed to see the doctor at around 11:35 - great I thought we would be off early

The time passed 12 and I popped down to the gantry to see if there was a problem
It turns out they got my time wrong and it should have been 2:30
Also the machine was playing up so there was further delay
I did not get treatment until after 4pm

There were a few more patients from the UK having their first day today so had a chat with them about our mutual experiences
Everyone naturally has a story to tell of their journey so far
We are all grateful of the fact the NHS recognise and fund this treatment for our disease

After today I have six more treatments - counting down the days
We are hopeful we can get out flight moved forward so we can get home soon after treatment finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name so we know who commented. Thanks